I think one of my favorite things about summer is keeping cool and refreshed with a nice smoothie. Spring and summertime bring about so many delicious seasonal crops that are naturally cooling and refreshing to the body (and detoxifying as well!)
This recipe is my go-to during warm weather with ingredients focused on cooling the body while nourishing healthy glowing skin and boosting overall wellbeing by supporting the body's own detoxification pathways.
- Raspberries: great source of antioxidants, particularly ellagic acid which is known for its anti-aging and anti-cancer properties. Also helps to preserve your existing collagen!
- Apples: great source of a fiber called pectin (it's highest levels are found in the skin so make sure you leave that on!) which helps with digestion and supports weight loss.
- Cucumbers: VERY hydrating for the body, made up of 95% water. Hydration is crucial for plump, glowing skin. Also high in fiber and helps fight inflammation.
- Collagen powder: the building block for healthy, firm skin/hair/nails; for healthy digestive lining, for healthy joints. (optional; be mindful collagen usually comes from cows so if you have a dairy sensitivity finding a marine or plant based source might be a better option for you!)
- Coconut water: a great source of electrolytes to help keep the body balanced and hydrated during times of high heat and sweating.
- CBD oil: to promote a calm mood, reduce inflammation and some report improvement of acne as well!
In a high-powered blender, mix in:
- 1-2 handfuls of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 an apple with the skin (i prefer green apples for their tart flavor)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon, fresh
- 1/4 cucumber with the skin
- ~1 cup of coconut water (add more or less depending on desired thickness)
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1-2 dropperfuls CBD oil (I like the one from CW Hemp; you can purchase that from my online curated dispensary)
Blend till smooth and enjoy!